This post is sponsored by Pro Plan BRIGHT MIND and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network. I am being compensated for helping enrich the lives of senior dogs, but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Pro Plan BRIGHT MIND is not responsible for the content of this article.
Your senior dog is one of your oldest best friends. Your dog is the wagging tail you see when you walk in your front door and your always present shoulder to cry on when you have had a bad day. As you’re making a list of your New Year’s Resolutions, add starting your old pal on a senior dog food to the list! Here’s why:
- You’re going to need a workout partner in tip top shape. Did you add workout more to your list of resolutions? It always helps to have a great workout partner! Mr. Pants and Cha have always been the best workout buddies for me; they’re always ready to run and if I can’t finish the last lap they never judge. To keep Mr. Pants and Cha in tip top shape, despite their age, I feed them Purina ProPlan® BRIGHT MIND Adult7+® which keeps them interested in playing and interacting with me!
- You’re eating better, your dog should too. While you fill up your cart with fresh protein, fruits, veggies and quality supplements, don’t forget your fur baby. BRIGHT MIND is full of protein and botanical oils to promote alertness and mental sharpness as well as EPA an omega-3 fatty acid and glucosamine to support your dogs joint health! As your waistline shrinks and you feel better on your feet, your dog will feel better too!
- Even old dogs can learn new tricks! Remember the bit about your dog being the best workout partner? If you’re not already running with your furry friend or playing a few games of your own, try teaching them one of these games to enhance not only your fitness, but theirs, for your next workout:
- Kick a ball around a park for your furry friend to chase.
- Toss a ball to play fetch, but race your dog to the ball rather than having them retrieve the ball.
- Play a game of tug of war.
- Do some sit ups with a furry high-five at the top.
With a better dry food like BRIGHT MIND, your dog’s memory, learning, trainability and decision making can improve. So, even if these games are new to your dog, they will have the mental capacity to take on the challenge!
Mr. Pants has been eating BRIGHT MIND for almost a couple of months now and is loving life. We’re running together and finishing each sweat session with “the Pant’s dance.” Even at 10 years old, Mr. Pants still knows how to get down.