Are you tired of me talking about my best friends wedding? Well it finally went down! Last weekend, we got all dolled up and celebrated the night (and day) away. Prior to the wedding I did a few things, so I could feel and look my best. We all have our little routines, so I thought I would share mine with you!
5 Tips For Looking Your Best At Your Next Big Event
1. Whiten Teeth – When I think of my teeth, I can’t resist the urge to call it “my grill”. I blame my upbringing. I had to get my grill right for this wedding. With all of the coffee I drink, my teeth were a tiny bit yellow. I’ve used a whitening kit in the past and loved my results so I tried a new kit from Nanova called Hydra Pearl (c/o). It was a quick fifteen minutes each night and my coffee stains were gone!
2. Banish The Bloat – So let’s just say my bridesmaid dress was a little tight. Apparently my ice cream binges this summer left me with a couple of extra lbs. So, I needed to slim down, not a ton, maybe just an inch, so I went to the Tone It Up Girls for advice. I’m a total TIU fan girl, so I’m pretty sure almost all of their advice is golden. I looked up their 7 day slim down. From what I gathered, it basically consisted of eating mostly veggies, like dark leafy greens and lean protein sources. So, I spent the week snacking on carrots and apples and eating chickpeas and kale. Lol, I’m exaggerating a little bit, but it was kind of like that. I also drank a ton of water and picked up some Kombucha tea (TIU suggestion). I tried Strawberry Serenity and I’m hooked. The live cultures in the Kombucha tea are good for your belly, so it’s supposed to help with bloat. At the end of the week, I lost two inches in my waist line and fit into that dress like a glove. Worth it!
3. Get Those Brows Right – I think brows are so important! I do mine myself, because I don’t trust anyone else. If you’re not into doing them yourself, find a girl on the street with great brows and ask her…”girl, who does your brows?” Prior to any big event, make sure they’re in tip top shape, especially if you’re going to have your makeup done. Makeup never looks good on top of unruly hair.
4. Exfoliate – I pulled out my masks and scrubs and got to work. Dull skin isn’t as pretty as bright and fresh skin. So, I scrubbed everything from head to toe, so my skin would be as bright and smooth as it could be. I used this mask, which peels off and reminds me of peeling glue off of my hand as a kid, it thrills me. I also used this scrub from Skin Resource.MD and I even threw in my Neutrogena Acne Scrub. I had no method I just scrubbed away, lol.
(I frequently paint my nails in bed, my husband loves it, ha!) | sweet turban c/o Charming Charlie
5. Get Your Nails Right – No matter what big event it is in life; the prom, a first date, weddings – having my nails done is always a priority. So of course, the mani/pedi was necessary!
We all felt beautiful and I still totally ugly cried when she came down the aisle. No amount of exfoliation and makeup can cover that up, haha!
(One of my besties, Geraldine! We’re the same size and people always mistake us for each other, lol!)
(She was such a beautiful bride!)
What do you do to prep for a big event?