There is a whole lot of Old Navy going on in this post. I go through phases of loving Old Navy and hating Old Navy, but lately, it’s been love. I’ve ordered a lot this month and for the most part, returned almost all of it, except for these Old Navy finds. Hang tight girls, I’m going to tell you what I loved and didn’t love this month.
Fall Fashion Loves
Aside from some of the other recent buys I’ve already mentioned on the blog, I’ve been stocking up on basics.
1. Basic Bell Sleeve Tops – These Old Navy bell sleeve tops are so soft! They’re very thick too, which isn’t something you always get from Old Navy. I ordered the striped one first and then went back for the burgundy one. If I’m being honest I wanted one in every color, but decided to practice a little self control.
2. Pixie Pants Stock Up – I mentioned last year that I loved Old Navy’s Pixie pants for work. I only work a couple days a week (ok, one day a week), so I don’t get dressed for it often and I don’t like to invest a lot in my work attire. I’m all about dresses in the summer, but come cooler temps I reach for these Pixie pants. They fit great and don’t need to be hemmed, in ankle length, which ends up being regular length on me! Fair warning, they do not wash well. For that reason, I use something like Dryel and “dry clean” them at home.
3. Floppy Hat – I’m not a huge hat girl, but I’ve wanted a big floppy hat for fall since last year. I finally bought one! Will I be brave enough to wear it, only time will tell.
4. Long Cozy Cardigan – Y’all I don’t know what to call these…dusters, boyfriend cardigan, long cardigan….I dunno. Can you tell how far my fashion savviness goes? Whatever you call them, I’m over here like, one in every color please? The prospect of wearing leggings under these bottom covering cardigans gives me all the excitement! This one from Old Navy is soft like my favorite Halogen friend, but way cheaper!
1. Booties – I have been on a major bootie hunt. I have a pair from last year that I love, but I damaged them in the rain last year, so I’ve wanted to replace them. I ordered these Steve Madden open toe booties and love love loved them! The sad part, they were way too big for me. So back they went. Then I ordered this pair from Nordstrom, thinking they would be great for everyday wear. Don’t get me wrong, these Lucky Brand booties are cute, but they just didn’t look good on me. I realized after trying them on, that with my short legs, I really need a heel with booties for the extra length. If you can’t tell my bootie hunt has been unsuccessful, so in the meantime, I’ll be wearing my favorite flats on repeat and searching for a solution to the water damage on the booties I already have.
2. Pumps – I also ordered this pair of grey suede pumps. They were way too big and a lot darker than I wanted. So back they went! I’m still searching for a pair of light grey suede pumps, but if I don’t find them, I wont be too sad about it.
3. Peplum Top – I ordered this peplum top from Nordstrom with high hopes. I really wanted the amber striped version, but of course, it was sold out in my size. So, I opted for the white in xxs petite. It was huge and thin. Totally not worth it’s price tag. So, back it went!
4. Shift Dress – My hips couldn’t handle this shift dress. I wanted to love it, because it was a really nice fabric, like the bell sleeve tops I love, but it just kept sticking to my hips and I wasn’t a fan.
5. Fit and Flare Dress – I also wanted to love this dress, but it was just blah on me. It’s a cute basic, but it wasn’t the best fit up top, so back it went!
With everything I returned this month, I’m starting to think its a sign I should just stop shopping, haha! Although I returned a lot, I think what I kept will serve me well since most of them are nice and basic!
Shop My Loves & Returns
Tell me, what have you been loving and returning this month?
NEW! I’ve started a collaborative Pinterest board for the Oh, Hey Girl! Link-Up. I would love for you to join and share your looks there too! Just send me a message on Pinterest or at Brooke@pumpsandpushups.com if you would like to be added.
Link up any post you would like to show off; your outfit, home decor, recipe, workout. Anything at all! Because, oh, hey girl! I want to see it!
See who I link with here! (p.s. – if you have a new link up on your blog, leave it in the comments, so I can add to this list!)