Tartan scarves, red coats and riding boots are just a few of the things I think of when I think of the Holiday season. I also think about twinkling lights, snowflakes falling and love all around. The holidays are just downright special, making December my favorite month. But, you know what else makes December my favorite? On top of Christmas cheer and beauty all around, December is also the month I celebrate my birthday!
Next week, I will turn 27 and I couldn’t happier with where I am today. So for fun, here are 10 life lessons (because 27 would be a lot!) I’ve learned along the way:
1. It is so important to be the friend you want to have. If you’re not there when your friends need you, don’t expect them to be there when you need them.
2. Laundry is a lot easier if you do a load a day (or every other day). I used to be a once a week laundry person, with a mountain to wash and a mountain to fold. I can’t tell you how easy it has become to pop a load in the washer in the morning, dry it in the afternoon and fold it while we watch the news. Haha I feel old. I also used to underestimate the ease of bulk ironing, I do that now too.
3. Babies need schedules. I fought this lesson. I didn’t want to believe what everyone said because I don’t like schedules. But, yes, they do, they need a nap time and to eat their meals around the same time or they’re a hot mess.
4. The majority is not always right. Just because everyone says something should be a certain way, doesn’t mean it’s the right way. Do what works for you. There is power in the ability to think for yourself.
5. Nonverbal communication is just as important as verbal communication. That means put down your phone, make eye contact and engage with whomever is speaking to you. Hard lesson to learn.
6. A positive outlook goes a long way. Chances are, if you approach any situation with a positive can do attitude, you will be successful. If you always feel the world is against you, you’re so stressed or la la la, chances are, life will be hard.
7. Never make assumptions, if you’re unclear about a situation, speak up.
8. Bottling up emotions never ends well. Again, be open and honest.
9. A budget goes a long way. You don’t neeeddddd those pink pumps, always factor the cost per wear.
10. Everything else aside, the people you love in life should always be the priority. Whether it be your family or your friends that have become family, put them first, you’ll be much happier.
Shop The Look: (similar items)
Thanks for reading, I hope you have the best Wednesday! (Oh and link-up below!)
This week’s link-up feature is Whitney of Peaches in a Pod in a darling buffalo plaid look. Scrolling through last week’s looks this one caught our eye immediately, we just love her top!
1. Follow our blog on Bloglovin
2. Link back to our site from your post, you can grab our button if you like!
Linked With: Why I Do DeClaire | Celebrate Southern | WIWW | Shopping My Closet | Because Shanna Said So | The Mummy Chronicles | Style Elixir | Tucker Up | The Pleated Poppy | Get Your Pretty On | More Pieces of Me | Lisa A La Mode | Pampers and Pearls | Feel Great Fashion | Who’s Wearing What |< a href="http://www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com/2014/12/trend-spin-linkup-coats-capes-ponchos.html#more">Walking in Memphis in High Heels