For the seasoned fashion gal, (ahem, I mean you all of my blogger friends) wearing a midi skirt is no big deal. However, I can’t tell you how many ladies (close friends) I’ve heard use the term school uniform when they are faced with a midi length skirt. When I see a midi skirt, I see glamour, modesty and a beautiful ladylike silhouette. So, in an effort to convert some ladies to the midi side, here is a simple formula for rocking one without feeling like you should be packing up your books.
1.Tibi Simona jacquard midi skirt
2. Pumps and Push-Ups Collection
3. ASOS Premium Midi Skirt in Bonded Crepe
4. FOREVER 21 Floral Crochet Crop Top
5. Joie ‘Deon B’ Silk Blouse
6. Glamorous Women’s Short Sleeve Lace Top
7. Steve Madden Varcityy
8. Kristin Cavallari ‘Copertina’ Pump
9. Kristin Cavallari ‘Copertina’ Pump
10. Loren Hope Carson Cuff
11. kate spade new york Gold-Tone Bow Earrings
12. Loren Hope Blythe Necklace Violet
1. Start with your midi, of course. Doesn’t matter whether it’s pleated, full or bright, just make sure it hits you about mid shin or if you’re short like me, a little above or below your knee. A trip to the tailor may be in order to get the perfect length.
2. Pick your top. Most midi skirts are worn at your waist, which makes them perfect for crop tops. You can also wear a pretty blouse or a simple tee tucked in. When picking your top, keep in mind the skirt, if it is super full, grab a close fitting top. If the skirt is bright, tone it down with a neutral top.
3. Footwear is up to the individual, but if you’re short like me, you will want something that will give you some height. If you’re rocking super long gams, you may be able to pull off a midi with flats, but for the shorties, grab a pair of heels to elongate your legs.
4. Ice your cake, or in other words, accessorize! A pretty necklace, earrings, a belt, the possibilities are endless.
For all my blogger friends, feel free to share your tips too!
Thanks for reading
Also, enter this great giveaway!
Prize: $500 Cash (via Paypal)
Co-hosts: Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog • Memoirs of a Clueless Woman • Mommy on the Money • Prim and Propah • Lush to Blush • Michigan Saving and More • Dividing by Zero • hellorigby! • Laura Jane Atelier • Motherhood Through My Eyes • Blog by Donna • A Pocketful of Polka Dots • The Together Traveler • Girl Meets Bow • Perpetually Caroline • Virtually Yours • NYC Recessionista • Toto’s Life & Style
Giveaway organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 5/18 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.